Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it .."

I ordered I Am .. Sasha Fierce last night and obviously - I am loving it. The ballads are good - Beyonce has an out of this world voice (I think) but the Sasha Fierce side is just a ton of fun and reminds me a lot of DC. And I love DC. "Diva" is the best song although "Single Ladies" will get stuck in your head. Both are fun to sing. Not sure if you saw Beyonce and Justin on SNL this weekend doing a video for Single Ladies. NBC apparently yanked the feed and I can't find it anywhere. It was great ..


I really should take a minute to mention that Steve does like Beyonce too. I go on oprah.com - oh, every once in a while and possibly might have written a page essay (which I will not post) about how much I loved Beyonce and how badly I wanted to be on the show when she was there, for all the various charities she donates too, her wonderful voice, her quiet relationship with Jay, Destiny's Child. I must have been too late because I did not get the call.

Another one of my favorite artists is a country singer named Carrie Underwood. I didn't really use to like country that much but Karrie and Steve have helped me see a small, dim light and she is one of the reasons. I loved her on American Idol and have since loved her CD's. She should really still be with Tony Romo. I like her confidence, even if it comes off cocky. I like that she didn't endorse a candidate. I like that she seems incredibly normal even though she is as famous as she is. But I do not like her fashion choices, especially at the Country Music Awards. Please see below:

This really isn't that bad. It's the color that's a miss to me. The dress is beautiful but I kind of hate the belt and if anything, her hair should have been up. Also, it does nothing for her figure ..


Wow. I mean I saw this come out and thought - is that what we have in store for tonight? Cause it could get dicey. Talk about nothing for your figure. And she's playing too much to the - I'm an American and I'm at the CMA's so I MUST sparkle. The jeweled piece is much worse up close but I can't find a picture.


The one dress I liked. Until I saw the chop sticks in her hair. Are we eating egg rolls later? I would always be in short dresses if I had those legs.

BUT, at least we've graduated past the jumper ..

Who will win America's Next Top Model? I mean McKey kind of seems like a shoe-in with those legs but I have a major soft spot for Samantha and that hair. And I swear she wasn't my inspiration. I can't stand "the other one." I can't even say her name. (Shiver.) Stop wearing the peace sign during panel. WE GET IT.


Seriously - how cute is Samantha?? Nigel said this could be a Calvin Klein ad and it really could be. All for now ..

2 comments:

Froggy Went A Courtin' said...

whoa, fancy new layout!

pbb said...

i HATED that jeweled thing. she looked prego! who in the heck is her stylist? someone needs to be axed!