Monday, September 17, 2007

Vinney-Bag-Of-Donuts

So, for those who don't know, we have a new member of our family. We rescued a 2 1/2 year old English Bulldog this weekend. His name is Vinney, and it's the name he's had since he was born so we're sticking with it. If you want to read more about him you can go here:


Well, so far, we really couldn't have asked for more. He could seriously care less about George, they've met, he looks at George, and then just looks away. It's all on George to come around - but George hasn't been hiding, he's not afraid, more intrigued (I almost said curious). Vinney loves other dogs, but he's still a male, so I want to be careful. We went to the Chicago English Bulldog meet-up on Sunday and I could definitely tell he likes the females more. Though, a lot of the time he just didn't care about the other dogs either, and he sat next to me and hung out, he just wants his belly rubbed.

We hired a dog walker to come mid-day, she came by Sunday to meet him, she walks another bully too which is nice. He's super easy-going, loves his walks and genuinely likes to nap and snore. He really wants to come up on the couch but since that's a big no, we get a hhmmph every once in a while, and then a whine. He lets you touch his ears and his mouth. I took his food away last night for a minute to see how he'd react and he just looked up at me and waited.

We're really excited about being bully owners. As most of you know, I love the breed and have always wanted one. We really wanted to rescue as well and going through the Chicago English Bulldog Rescue has been a wonderful experience. They go out of their way to make sure the homes are good so that all the rescues can find "forever-homes." They succeeded with us!!


4 comments:

TMS said...

Congrats! If he chews I highly recommend the dog beds from Orvis that is 100% guaranteed that a dog won't chew it. If they do chew thought the bed Orvis will refund you or send you another bed. We have two. They are a little pricey but worth it! Grace occasionally gets bored when we are gone and chews so we love them. He's a cute addition to the family!

PBB said...

omg!!! you FINALLY got your dog! congrats, he's a cutie pie!

curious george. that was funny.

TMS said...

I must tell you that I've checked out his picture everyday since you've posted this. I love him. I want him. I want to snuggle with him, he looks like a snuggler. hope you are enjoying sweet Vinney!

Wakechick said...

Congrats, he's so cute. And I'm glad to hear he's working out better than the first try.