Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Walking In Memphis

I think I am a once a week Blogger. I hope that's okay.

We just got back from Memphis on Sunday. Two of our very good friends - Kim and Jeremy got married this past weekend. Steve was in the wedding as a groomsmen so we were there Friday, got in, went to Huey's for burgers and checked into our room. They did their rehearsal dinner at the Center of Southern Folklore where we had great Memphis BBQ and plenty of Bud products. That night, the whole crew went out on Beale Street. We saw Azamat (from Borat), who does not have an accent. I started drinking from some bucket Meg bought and decided it was time to go home. Saturday Steve and I relaxed, I enjoyed the pool while he hung out with the groomsmen and we met up at the church. The church was lovely. The reception was at the Peabody so we were bussed back over there. The whole night was elegant. I think Kim and Jeremy had a great time and even went out later (I went to bed again around midnight, such a lush). Now they are in Maui and I am sooooo jealous!

I'd like to take a minute to talk about the Hot Mess we call Britney Spears. Now, at this point, nothing really surprises me and she never takes my unsolicited advice but I am worried this might be the end of her. There is no way the boys were taken away for not having a valid license, you know? Hmm. What would Gossip Girl say?

Also, the Bachelor is wonderful this year. I hope you're all watching. Last night was priceless. "I'm a Christian .. I have morals, and values." Maybe I should back this up with a body shot and skinny dipping. What a character. I'm really surprised she made it past the last cut. I really have no idea what this guy wants. DeAnn seems to obvious. Are we grooming Shaun Phillips for the next season?? That would be a wonderful idea. I can't wait for next week with the twin.

I am so sore, we played indoor soccer last night and I forgot how out of shape I am. And sore.
And I bruise like a peach.

3 comments:

TMS said...

As I told my cousin....I still believe in Britney. I don't think her career is 'toxic' yet. I believe she's 'not a girl, not yet a woman'. I believe she may be 'Lucky' but she's so 'overprotected' and yes, I believe one day she'll be able to say 'Oops, I did it again' with her career. All I can say is 'hit me baby, one more time' with a top billboard hit, Britney!

And yes...she also thought I was a dork. I think I have to throw in the towel on Brit Brit, I actually turned the station when her news came on because I'm so over her. I hope she does not 'gimme more' until she gets help.

And yes, I did just quote her top billboard hits, perhaps I am the one that needs help.

PBB said...

well i can't not comment on brit brit. wohn, gossip girl - laughing out loud. (i tivo it though, don't tell anyone!)

tanya, you need to put that on brit's website or something. that is so funny! and creative!

Beth said...

So I'm a bit behind on the blog - so congrats on the doggie!!! He looks adorable and I NEED more photos. Congrats on being a doggy momma.

As a social worker myself, I can say I would LOVE to be the one who supervises Britney's visits with her kids. That has got to be entertaining...