Wednesday, July 9, 2008

An Ode to Stringer Bell

First off - thanks to Kim for even getting me to consider watching this show. It's fantastic. I am completely addicted and watch way too many of the episodes because I am dying to know what happens.

I am also somewhat obsessed with Stringer Bell, by far my favorite member of Avon's crew on HBO's The Wire. The actor who plays Stringer Bell is Idris Elba, and was born in London. Did anyone seriously know that?!? He has a British accent! It just added to my love. He is also a DJ and co-produced some pieces for Jay Z. All making me love him, more. The only issue with doing my little research is I am only half-way into Season 2 and I may have read a little bit about what happens to him in the upcoming seasons. I tried to avert my eyes. I will say no more. I now have to netflix Tyler Perry's "Daddy's Little Girls." Isn't it funny how netflix is a verb now?


2 comments:

Gina Grace said...

Oh! Thanks for the reminder! I keep meaning to netflix* The Wire, as I haven't seen any of it yet, but keep hearing about how good it is. And living so close to Baldumore, I really should be in the know, Hon.

(they don't say "Hon" on the show do they? Cause that would be totally sweet. No one from the west coast believes me that they say that in Baltimore)


(*which actually for me is blockbuster online, but really, Netflix is to online movie renatals as BandAids are to adhesive bandages- regardless of the fact that 3M bandages rock way harder than BandAid brand...)

Gina Grace said...

Update:

Sweet holy Jesus. This show is RIGHT. Trust.


I can't believe he's a Brit!?!

RIP String'. Maybe you should have tried LIVING in peace....