Tuesday, September 9, 2008

All right US Weekly ..

Gloves up.

I've been skeptical of you for a while now. I have Pink, People online, Socialite Life. You're basically old news anyway these days and now you're treading on thin ice with me. I just read the article regarding Bristol Palin and you're blatantly speculating Sarah Palin's youngest with down syndrome is actually her daughter's baby. Do you actually know that?!? I don't like mixing my celebrity gossip with politics. You're stories have been turning out to be un-true more often that not. I realize Britney is pulling herself together (didn't she look great at the VMA's?) and maybe that's bad for business but let's maybe leave politics to someone else.

Some good links or interests for the week ..

Great recaps of fashion week: http://secondcitystyle.typepad.com/

Making me giggle feverishly every time I read an entry (a multiple offender myself): http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/

If I could have a house full of her art I would: http://cathynichols.blogspot.com/

Always nice finding funny women (thank you Gina for introducing me to Sarah Haskins): http://current.com/topics/88794117_sarah_haskins

The owner of the store gave me 10% off my new Hobo wallet when she found out WHY I was buying a new wallet. I love Fixture! http://www.shopfixture.com/

This show Fringe keeps getting good reviews (it starts tonight on Fox) and I love Lt. Daniels so ..

Music I can't get out of my head:

Jordin Sparks - One Step at a Time
One Block Radius - Up In The Hills
Michael Franti - Say Hey
Joe Purdy - Can't Get It Right Today
Pony - Erin McCartney
How Lucky We Are - Meiko
Shattered - O.A.R.

The first and last are guilty pleasures ... but I love them.

My favorite picture from this weekend at Germanfest in Lincoln Square. Sweatshirt around the waist? He'll never learn.


Pet peeve of the week: "whole 'nother' .."

4 comments:

Scoops said...

Wohn - Oh, how I miss GermanFest!

PBB said...

for some reason i loved this post. it put me in a good mood!

on another note, o.a.r. is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE band in the world! they are so incredibly awesome live it's not even funny! they just played the gorge with dave and i had to miss all 3 days. i was so sad. anyhoo, i completely recommend their 2 disk cd, any time now. it's all live and just delicious!!

Anonymous said...

How GREAT GREAT GREAT is Meiko!! I saw her live on Conan O'Brien last night - absolutely a star - good pick on "How Lucky We Are"!

Mel said...

Actually O.A.R.'s entire All Sides CD is great. I can make you a copy since yes, I am one of the few who actually still purchases CDs.