Monday, October 5, 2009

Oh the joy of a baby registry!


I love Registries. I love Wish Lists. If you know me, you know this. I am, hmm, how to say this? "Picky." So if you have a list, or send me an email (especially if you have kids, huge thanks to Shannon for always letting me know what the Mayne kids are in to) I will use it. I consider myself a pretty good gift giver, if I know you well, and see you on a regular basis. But if I don't - I would just love for you to tell me what you want. I dislike wasting money. So if you don't tell me, you'll probably just get something I would have liked. Now you know.

For the wedding registry, I had fun. I went through Crate & Barrel and Target and had a blast picking out fun things for our house, for our bathroom, sheets, silverware, you name it. Shannon helped a little as well, with some of the cooking items and we were very lucky that we got married before Christmas, so that was a lot of our Christmas gifts too (which we loved).

So when I found out we got pregnant, one of my first thoughts was. Joy! Another registry!! Except, the joy has been fleeting. I feel clueless, behind, and overall incredibly cheap, as I continue to gasp at these prices. Shannon and Donna have been a big help, but I am still confused. Knowing for sure I have messed something up. Sure I will forget something and that apparently we don't live near stores to take care of these issues (reoccurring dream: having the baby and not having the car seat in the car).

I decided to start our list on Amazon.com, mainly because you can use the Universal Registry and therefore are not contained to one store. Options.

I check Baby Bargains 5x a day. I can't seem to read enough.

So, for all the Mom's out there - take a look. And tell me what in the world I am missing .... many thanks.

(thank you E for letting me use one of the cutest pictures of Zoe I've ever seen, this is truly how I feel ..)

3 comments:

Wait. What? said...

Exciting stuff having babies, your list looks to include everything I remember being important for a first child.

My only suggestion was I found I needed way more onesies than I had any idea I would, as I used them as under garments every day to keep them warm...

When are you due?

JCHS Counseling said...

First off, I think you're off to a great start with your wish list! I love the Bug bath thingy!
Secondly, I just found out from Ginny that you have to have an infant seat and then a bigger baby car seat. Geez! Money makers = the baby business!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good registry, and it was pretty detailed. I didn't see a stroller for a bigger kid, just the one that works with the infatnt car seat. You'll definitely want a stroller for when the baby outgrows the infant car seat. There are tons of options - jogging stroller, regular, umbrella, etc. I have a couple, but really like my Chicco umbrella stroller for everyday. It wouldn't be great for trails or bumpy places, but it folds up small, fits in my trunk without taking up too much room, and has a basket underneath for storage. http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-05061459200070-C6-Stroller-Tangerine/dp/B000FFS9VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1254866338&sr=8-1