The newbies:
Vampire Diaries. CW, Thursdays 8/7c
An absolute must. Thursdays are a total mess for me right now. But this is probably one of my new favorite shows of 2009. Mixing together so many of my favorites: vampires, teenage angst, highschool, football and the brother from Lost. The lead three are incredibly strong and I don't see this going away anytime soon so I am locked in. Even if the best friend (the witch) does have a crooked face. Hey - that just made sense now. Witch. Crooked Face. Wow.
Rescue Ink. National Geographic Channel, Fridays, 9/8c."RESCUE INK is a rescue group unlike any you’ve seen before: a bunch of tattooed, motorcycle-riding tough guys who have joined together to fight animal cruelty, educate abusers and help resolve situations other rescue groups can’t – or won’t – handle themselves.
Some of the guys grew up in the projects, some had their brushes with the law, some used their smarts to survive, even thrive on the streets. But that was then, this is now, and today they all share a common goal: Using every means within the thin boundaries of the law, they persuade and educate abusers about the right way to treat animals.
Like many of the animals they save, the members of Rescue Ink know what it’s like to be given a second chance in life. And they’re using theirs to help the animals, no matter what it takes."
Just a refreshing show. What I love, that this show does, is strip away the toughness people associate with dog-fighting, and animal abuse. What you are seeing is toughness displayed against the abusers. The entire mentality of it is going to do so much. Please watch, and support this show.
Community. NBC, Thursdays, 9:30/8:30cThis show got the prime spot. Right after the Office, so obviously NBC knows it has something special. Forgiving Joel McHale for being a Husky, his humor truly is what drives the show. But the supporting cast, especially Abed, help this show continue to get funnier.
Glee. Fox, Wednesdays, 9/8c.This show has quickly become an absolute much watch show for me. I am so impressed with the entire cast, the idea, and the music each week is absolutely fantastic. Jane Lynch (WOHN News), the cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester is by far my favorite character but each character stands out for their own reasons and makes this show really work. Last week, being entirely centered around "Single Ladies" by Beyonce did not hurt at all.
Honorable mentions: (I haven't seen them enough to know they're totally solid, or they're getting picked up for another season)Cougar Town, Modern Family
Dropped like a bad habit: Melrose Place. After 1.2 episodes, Ashlee Simpson, you absolutely ruined the show for me.
The stand-bys:
Gossip Girl. CW, Mondays, 9/8c.
Sure, there have been some bumps in the road when they get to college. But Blair and Chuck still remain, and for that I know we're in good hands. See this picture? See the two girls on either far side? They can go away completely and we wouldn't miss a thing. The best part of the last few weeks? No Jenny. Blake Lively is not a good enough actress to continue this wounded lass thing much longer. Blair and Chuck, that's all I need. And Rufus and Lily.
"I'm Chuck Bass."
Fringe. Fox, Thursdays, 9/8c.Is it possible that this show could get any better? Cause it did. Has J.J. Abrams ever led you astray? I didn't think so. This show - part X-Files part Twilight Zone is a one hour movie you get to see everyweek. I literally jumped off the couch last week. It's intense, interesting, witty and overall just a fun show to watch. There are fantastic underlying themes going on (last year's finale, don't get me started, probably one of the best ever) and yet every week they encounter something new. EXCELLENT show. One of my favorites. And of course Pacey is one of the lead characters. As well as Lt. Daniels.

Honorable Mentions:
The Office (of course), 30 Rock, (when it comes back on), Oprah (OF course), Top Chef, SYTYCD. Project Runway is about to get the ax soon if Nina Garcia doesn't come back though.
Dropped like a bad habit: America's Next Top Model. It's not called America's Next Top Shorty Tyra!!

3 comments:
I thought Cougar Town was stupid... as much as I love Courtney Cox - bleh. My Wednesday and Thursday nights are the toughest and I'm not even watching some of the shows you list! I am VERY curious about Fringe though. Love, love, LOVE Glee - such a great sing-along show! Of course Casey thinks it looks like the worst show on tv. I just record it and watch during the day during baby feedings... perfect timing.
VD (Um, Vampire Diaries) rocks! Watching Fringe right now - best show! I'm struggline with Glee but I've only seen 2 episodes and there is NO WAY I can bring myself to watch Cougar Town. I'm so glad you stopped watching ANTM. I wanted to shoot myself when I "accidentally" had the premier on TV. Hooray for good TV.
P.S. - Did you try Flash Forward? I think it's going to be a good one.
Oh I watched Rescue Ink this weekend and loved loved loved it! The subject matter is heart touching and the eye candy is even better - bad a$$ tattooed men with hearts of gold is what I call good tv!
Post a Comment