Jane Bell is six months? I haven't been pregnant for six months? Someone tell my jeans.
I honestly can't believe how much better this continues to get. Maybe that's why they start you off with the hard part first (aka, the first 8-10 weeks for me). I mean, anything is better than crying once a day right?
No, honestly. She becomes such a little person every single day and it's astounding to watch. You may laugh but I already feel like I see characteristic traits coming out. In music class, Sam (Jo's little boy) engages with everyone and sits in the middle of the circle. Jane sits back and takes it all in, she starts participating at the very end of class. She is very much like her Dad in that way. And she laughs ... all ... the .... time .... So much so I have to keep water with us in case she gets the hiccups when we're out. Jane loves looking at people, all people and will smile, giggle, etc but if you try and pick her up it's a different story all together. She also tolerates Sam from a distance but once he tries to touch her she is *not* happy. Traits I am thinking she gets from her Mom (personal bubble). When she gets up in the morning she will talk now for a bit, and then let me know she is ready to get up and when I come in she is all smiles and kicks like crazy. So even if it's early and I haven't gotten much sleep - I'm in a better mood after that reception. We had her six months pictures taken at the Picture People (who were fantastic), I will try and scan and put them on here later. Jane might as well be a Baby Gap model (I looovveeee their stuff).
So .... what have I been up to?!? Well besides being a Mom to a beautiful, smart, talented little girl, here goes.
Chicago this summer? Unheard of. On par with the first summer I moved here. Perfect. Hot, sunny, breezy. We've been outside EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have loved every minute.
Music.
Buy this. Do yourself that favor. She is amazing. Sara Bareilles / Kaleidoscope Heart

I just made Isabelle a back-t0-school mix and have listened to Bruno Mars / Just The Way You Are about a million times. Coupled with a nice Malbec, this might be a long post.
(Also, for the romantics: Rogue Wave / Eyes)
TV:
Well, we finally got caught up with Friday Night Lights. Kind of. We have Season 4 on the DVR but it's coming. What a great series. Lance is Steve's favorite character (Landry) and I, for some odd reason, enjoy Riggins .... (and I can't stand Lyla, go figure)
True Blood. Dear God. Best season yet? I think so. Alcide doesn't hurt. New characters can work out sometimes (see: Vampire Diaries ... well hello Uncle Werewolf).

Bachelor Pad. The girls from the Bachelor/Bachelorette emails have had a field day with this show, and rightfully so. It might have been *better* than the actual Bachelor/Bachelorette series. This show was genius, a cross between Big Brother/Survivor and the Bachelor. I was even happy with who won. I LOVED the twist at the end (Keep/Share). Brilliant. ABC, you have outdone yourself. Now, when is the next season on?
Books/Magazines:
People are a little surprised by this but I have been reading a ton. First off - between Steve and myself, we might get every magazine available. It's like a doctor's office in here. So I have to stay on top of it since Steve always leaves me articles to read (my favorite: Entertainment Weekly). And also books, I have had a ton of great recommendations, on top of Book Club, so I read every night and sacrifice sleep. Not for the baby - she sleeps 10-12 hours a night. Nope for ... The Shadow of the Wind. The best book I have read all year. Yep - it was that good. I will give nothing away. Just pick up a copy (thank you Lizz).
Of course I pre-ordered the last installment of the Suzanne Collins series, Mockingjay (Hunger Games / Catching Fire). What a ride. And I hear they're making them into a movie? I hope they get the Harry Potter folks. You will find this book in the teen section of the book store, just so you know, but it's pretty advanced in my opinion (minus Katniss' droning, kind of reminds me of Bella sometimes). It has a great dose of sci-fi that I love, which I know is not for everyone. I think Andrea recommended it to me? At any rate, I actually bought them all. I will definitely re-read.
What has gotten *you* through the summer?!?




3 comments:
Could Jane be any cuter? She looks like the happiest baby!!!
I loved Mockingjay. So sad to see it end. Can't wait for Sara B. I downloaded her last weekend.
You are the umpteenth person I know talking about this Mockingjay...I must check it out. As always, Jane is adorable. I just can't wait to see her. Isabelle will be beyond excited about her CD...you know how she loves music and the CDs you make her.
Post a Comment