Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A running diary of Jane Bell's first birthday ...

8:05: up, and not happy about it. Yawning, pissy, always the way to start off a great morning. So we played with our balloons!


10:30: back down for our morning nap. We *barely* made it till then and decided to take an impromptu 3 hour nap. Cause if you're going to take a 3 hour nap, it might as well be on your birthday?

1:30: headed off to Target to grab a few essentials for the family-party that night. Said Hi to Vonda, our favorite Starbucks barista and headed home to see Dad.

2:45: 12 month pictures now that Dad is home. These pictures always work out better when there are four hands. (headband: Old Navy, onesie: Carters, courtesy of Marissa Berkowitz, jeans: Gap 1969, sign: a Mom creation)


Dad is funny ...


3:15: Mom and Dad really pushed it into high gear to clean and get all set-up. Jane's Happy Birthday sign is courtesy of my friend Amy at Pursewna. Read about how she made it here. I love it SO much and can't wait to put it up every year! Talk about being green ...


7:00: Mimi and Papa got held up in St. Louis (they had to be in Houston yesterday for Carly and Katie's 3rd birthday too) so ate around 7. Jane's favorite food so far is Dad's homemade mac & cheese so we started there and worked around. Pulled pork sandwich, Dad's homemade baked beans (Steve was busy that day), green beans and salad.


7:45 ish: Cupcake time. I made yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting and funfetti for Jane (and let's face it, myself too). We skyped Grandma and Grandpa in Alabama and sang Happy Birthday. Jane's cousins in Houston sang to her later that night too. She LOVED the cupcake and basically ate the entire thing. She did not however enjoy the cupcake headband as much.


8:15: Jane played with her toys and got ready to open presents. I changed Jane into tights and a tutu for the big night.


9:00: still wide awake after a 2 hour afternoon nap (that's right - 5 hours of nap on her birthday), giggling with Dad.


"I own you tissue paper!!" The presents were great, but honestly - the tissue paper was by far the hit ...


9:45: Jane's in bed, Steve's cleaning up in the kitchen and I dealt with the "aftermath" of our living room. We definitely needed a drink after today!!


Happy Birthday to my darling little girl. I have never been happier in my life. You make our family complete and I am AMAZED a year has flown by already. Please stop growing immediately and stay this sweet forever.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love how pissed she looks wearing that headband as you give her the cupcake.

Great post!

Unknown said...

Super happy birthday to sweet Jane! Glad the day was wonderful! Sending you all BIG hugs.

Mel said...

I still can't get over the tissue paper. So cute!