This past weekend Steve and I met our friends in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for my birthday and our first weekend away from Jane. We've been talking about doing this for years - which is how Steve remembered my parents had given us a gift card to the Chophouse in the hotel of the Grand Geneva that we had yet to use.
All I remember is blue cheese butter.
Granted, this has something to do with two bottles of wine. Blue cheese butter along with regular butter (why bother?) and sun dried tomato spread (nice try at "health food") was given to start, along with fresh rolls. The blue cheese butter was GONE by the time our salads arrived. In all honesty, our dinner was pretty outstanding, from the chophouse salad to the perfect steak. But the highlight of my 33rd birthday was blue cheese butter.
Bobby Flay has a recipe for a blue cheese butter steak here, doesn't seem too difficult. Why have I not tried this?



No comments:
Post a Comment