Friday, August 19, 2011

Weekend ahead ...


My Mom and Dad are getting into town Sunday so today is shopping, cleaning, baking and organizing day. Jane is now down to one nap (17 months - for all keeping track) which has been nice to plan things around, but not nice when you need to run some errands. This morning we hit the park with her bestie Norah. Came home, had lunch and she's been lights out since 1.

Every age she gets to (after about 4 months) I deem my favorite. But now, I really can say I mean it. She's initiating conversation, kisses on the cheek and can understand exactly what I am saying, even if she doesn't particularly listen to it. She finds joy in her toys and doing puzzles, but I see the hint of frustration when things are just a little too hard. And I like that about her. She wants to figure it out. 

A slight update, I am working at Little Threads part time now in Roscoe Village, usually just Sundays but sometimes more if they need me. I found it's more fun than I thought working retail but I think it's because the store is a local owned boutique, not the Gap. I get to talk to people about their babies and kids, their friends babies and kids, and help find gifts for new babies. And the clothes, the CLOTHES. Pretty easy to sell great brands.

Jane and I had a little impromptu photo session yesterday and I thought I would post a few of the pictures. She was in a great mood and the colors were really working for her with her Lunchbox dress.





Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Wait. What? said...

Oh honestly she is just the cutest baby Jen. You look so happy as well - keep the updates coming!