Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Oh Sweet Jesus it's Hot

I am not meant for the humidity. I truly am not. I got on the el last night and the air wasn't working. I could hardly breathe. The weather says it's 87 but it's really 125. I kid you not. And Steve and I are moving to Phoenix at some point in the near future. I can't wait.

Andrea's wedding is next Saturday, her bachelorette party is this weekend. I am REALLY excited and I think this is going to be a wonderful show of what it's truly like, the week before you get married.

Football is starting up here and pretty soon we'll all be in Madison cheering on the Cougs as they attempt to not get killed by Wisconsin. At any rate, it's going to be blast. Madison is supposedly one of the best college towns in the country, behind Pullman, obviously. We're going up Friday, the game is Saturday (look for a large group of Cougar girls who might be a tad wobbly) and then we're coming back to Chicago Sunday for my wicked bachelorette. I despise typical bachelorette parties though. Hate the cheesiness, the uncomfortable laughter, the bad gifts, the one girl who takes it too far, the forced fun. This is merely a BBQ and a trip to John Barleycorn to dance later and laugh at Adrian. Steve is grilling for us. But ... I am so excited to have this many people in town so I knew I wanted a party, regardless.

Also, if you go see the Bourne Ultimatum (which you should) make sure you sit in the back of the theater. The camera is really tight. Also try and remember to breathe. It's excellent, and a complete roller coaster. Matt Damon is so lovely.

2 comments:

EPS said...

I have to learn that you are moving to AZ via your blog? Scoff. Regardless, I'm glad you are blogging. I like it.

EPS said...

I have to learn via your blog that you are moving to AZ? Scoff.

Regardless, I'm glad you are blogging. I've always thought you were a talented writer.