Thursday, January 17, 2008

CheeseHeads

I love how all these articles are talking about how cold it's going to be in Green Bay this weekend and they show people with puffy coats and a light snow on them. Um, no. That's not the kind of cold it's going to be. It's going to be BITING cold. Like, you're on top of a mountain, there is a snowstorm, you have no warm food, you have no gloves, shoes, socks, no moustache and oh - you're naked, kind-of-cold. Saturday our high is 8, Sunday our high is 14. It's almost always at least 10 degrees colder in Green Bay, Wisconsin. So they're probably looking at about 4 degrees, during the warmest part of the day. That is ridiculous and I don't know how anyone would think that's not a huge advantage for Green Bay. But honestly, people who actually go to that game, even if they win, will have to be piss drunk even to make it through the first quarter. If I see a kid there - I am calling child services. I can't think of anything more miserable. There will be a ton of cases of frost bite - just watch. I mean, I guess I used to just think - wow, that's cold, those people are nuts - but now, after having been in 4 degree weather - I think - those people are bears, and want to die a slow death. No one needs to experience 4 degrees. Ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remind me why I live here? Oh yeah, I remember I was born here. Cold weather sinks. I am going to be hibernating this weekend.