Note: We actually use the treadmill all the time. I would say I'm on it 3-4 a week and Steve 1-2. Even Vinney walks on it - at about 1.0, but he gets bored quickly if you don't have treats.But, this made me laugh and we all need some laughter today.
Some very sad news I feel compelled to mention, if only to remind people what a large problem neglect is with animals. We had a foster dog that came to us, very sick. We all got to meet her at the all volunteer meeting. She went in for surgery the next day, went home, and did not make it very long after. Her foster parents (ie - angels) tried everything they possible could to keep her alive but her little body just couldn't handle it. It was a very sad day for rescue, and animals alike. Mariska was very young - and never had a fair chance.
You can help by visiting the Chicago English Bulldog Rescues website, or by remembering to support *your* local shelter. Volunteer, become a foster, become an advocate for animals. Like my friend J says, speak up for them, they can't speak for themselves.
For those of you who don't know (you must not read this blog very often) our dog Vinney is a rescue and was bounced around several homes before coming to his forever home with Steve and I. I can't imagine our life without him and George. If it had never been for the rescue, and their drive and motivation to take in dogs when their owner no longer wants them, or could not care of them, we would never have met our "special" guy - Vinney.
Give your pet a good rub today, they're usually right in your direct path anyway ..

4 comments:
that picture of vinny is so funny! i think phoebe cat will do the same thing if/when we get ours. it's nice to know you and lori actually use your machines. it gives me hope!
so sad about the pretty little foster. i'm thinking about her...
So is V napping or has he just had an exhausting workout? ;)
Very sad about Mariska- what a cute little girl she was! Glad she felt some love and care for her last few days.
But your bulldog... Jennifer, he is lovely. I think this needs to go on icanhaschhezburger with some sort of caption about his New Year's resolution being to spend at least 30 minutes a day on the treadmill.
I'm still working on a certain someone who hasn't embraced the idea of fostering a dog yet... He keeps telling me that we won't ever want to give it away to a new home if we take one in. I, on the other hand, am quite sure that this will not be a problem. We already have one naughty dog that I often want to ship off to boarding school. I can't imagine having TWO forever! I think the reality is that HE knows he'd bond and have a hard time letting go...
I did not know you got Vinny as a foster - hes adorable - what bulldog is not laying prone in almost all pictures?
Mariska was a sweety and taken too soon - But I said a prayer for my Boo & Bella (RIP) to meet her at the rainbow bridge - I am sure she is happier now than she ever was able to be.
Good reading you!
Post a Comment