Thursday, March 5, 2009

Anoop-dog and Andrea

It's that time of the year again people. Idol time. The country has picked some *questionable* people so far for the Top 12. Last night the judges pushed eight people through to compete for the wild-card spot. Tonight they sing and the *judges* will pick the top 3. This, I hope means good things. Simon brought back the best two.



First off - Anoop has a great voice. He totally pulls off R&B. And what is with the lack of diversity this year?? I was surprised about Ju-not. But I am excited for Anoop. I hope he rocks it tonight, I think he will.



Then we have Andrea - aka Megan Cockrey. Megan has no shot winning this thing because American Idol is really only pop (and one country star - who is pretty pop when you really think about it). Wouldn't it be great to have an artist who is unique and talented?!? And won't always be on the Top 40?!? I guess not. At any rate, Andrea's twin is one of my favorites. I hope she makes it.

5 comments:

Gina Grace said...

Don't you mean Andrea AND Reese Witherspoon's twin??

Anonymous said...

So the judges DO decide who the last 3 are? That makes me pretty happy. What does NOT make me happy is the fact that I told myself I don't care at all about American Idol and that I won't watch past the auditions and here I am...caring.

Mel said...

I have religiously watched this show for the past (how many have there been?) seasons. And I just can't get into it this year. I've been completely unimpressed with the exception of just a few (very few) contestants. Maybe if Sean stopped watching it, I wouldn't care either, but I have nothing better to do... ;)

Beth said...

So I have never watched more than one episode of American Idol but I agree that gal looks like Andrea AND Reese Witherspoon!

P.S. Although I don't watch the show I seem to really enjoy Kelly Clarkson - she is a guilty pleasure!

Wohn said...

Yeah!! Anoop and Andrea both made it!