Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby Jane

Yesterday we found out we are having a Baby Girl. It was a bit of a shock as I feel like we'd been talking boy much more lately but it was a welcome surprise and now I am getting really excited about it. Like my Mother said when I called her, "you're going to really enjoy having a girl Jennifer, until she hits highschool." And we are very excited. But I have a feeling my husband may turn into mush shortly, and then buy a shot gun.
So now my latest obsession would be the kids section of Anthropologie. I mean, who knew Anthro had a kids department? Look at this dress. Precious.



Baby Rock Apparel
has been a hot spot for me to do some serious Christmas shopping for, for nieces and nephews. It's crazy to now be able to look at these sites for Jane!

And now my focus is also on the nursery. We can't do a lot. We rent, the room is not that big and honestly, we're not going to be here for the rest of our lives so it needs to be something that can moved. I also am not a pink & brown fan. I prefer more pink and green. I am thinking a Secret Garden theme. Maybe this for the window.


The furniture is all, so far, a dark wood. The crib is from Stokke. I think we're going to stay pretty neutral with the bedding.


I was also thinking of doing a decal on the wall, Etsy has several sellers that make them and I thought that might be the easiest thing to do, instead of painting the room. I was thinking a big, whimsical tree of some kind.


And of course, something from the lovely and very talented Cathy Nichols. Though I'm not sure how you possibly choose.

"Jane" is definitely our front-runner. I've thrown out some other ideas to Steve but nothing has been as well received as Jane. Unfortunately, it's the middle name we're having issues with. I'm actually not a fan of middle names at all and I would probably not have one if it was just me. Especially with a last name as long as ours but Steve seems to think we need one. So he wants a list for me. Any ideas? My favorite idea so far is Bell, the street we live on but he doesn't want anything "weird." I like classic, older names. Nothing trendy, nothing too girly. Think of the names your Grandmother may have had. And then minus anything that's become too trendy - Grace, Ava, etc. Have fun!

9 comments:

JCHS Counseling said...

I love that dress. I wish it came in my size!!!! The curtains are beautiful, too!!! I can't wait to see how the room turns out.

What about Jane Jill? Or Jane Issaquah? Jane Pullman? (now I'm just going overboard)

Gina Grace said...

Hey! Easy there on Grace! I was Grace before it was cool, but now my Grace is actually gone...

In all honesty, I'm a little protective over the name Jane, because I've always liked it (was the name of my uncle's old cat and she defined cool). But it doesn't ring with Gomez, so I give Baby Jane Steinhagen my blessing.

But do make sure to watch "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane" (both the Bette Davis/Joan Crawford version and Redgrave sisters version) before you commit.

If you do go with Jane, I think a three syllable middle name is in order. Like Issaquah :) Or what about... Jane Washington Steinhagen?!?

Beth said...

Jane Austin Steinhagen?

Mel said...

The wall decals are everywhere now! I like them though.

I agree with Gina, I think you need a multiple syllable middle name.

Froggy Went A Courtin' said...

Laquisha or Chiffon

Lori said...

Congratulations!

When we were thinking of names, we had Audrey, Vivienne (after my great grandma) and Kate on the list. Feel free to use them :) We're done.

Glad I stopped by! I'll have to check back for baby picts! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Take care.

Cathy Nichols Art said...

I LOVE the name Jane Bell!!! Love it. Well, I must say, I am prejudiced as I have an Anna- belle. :) Perhaps your husband would like 'Belle' better? So exciting. Congratulations, Jennifer!! I am so honored to be a potential part of baby Jane's nursery.

Lo said...

Jane Louise
Jane Marie
Hmm, this is going to be on my mind now...I'll think of more :) Congrats again!

Wait. What? said...

I gotta say Jane bell is so sweet it has a ring to it... pun obviously intended.

Shopping for a baby girl should be a blast I am envious and excited for you!

I love the name Jane. Remember this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRFZFmEq9o