Thursday, May 27, 2010

Overwhelmed


Whoa. It's been a while. Sorry about that. I think the word overwhelmed sums up life after Jane, but in a very wonderful, blessed way. I just don't have the down time I used to. Maybe it's harder to have kids later in life?! Who knows, but I am adjusting, and we are creating our own routine, together. But trying to carve out time to - clean, make dinner, work-out .. well, it's a lot more of a challenge than I thought it was going to be.

Jane is sleeping wonderful at night, we're about to start getting rid of the swaddle but these 10 pm to 7 am nights are getting soooo nice. But she's about ready. Now we just have to figure out if we want to get a bumper or a sleep positioner. I know everyone has a different opinion on it, and I did call my pediatrician today to hear her thoughts, but when you wake up to this - you need a remedy! Jane loves looking right (my father-in-law swears she's already conservative ;) so the pediatrician told us to try and stimulate her on her left side, so, we moved the aquarium, her favorite thing on planet. And now I swear the girl just moves 90 degrees in her crib, so she can look at it from her right side. And then, when she *wakes* up like this? Well, she screams bloody murder. It's good fun.



I'm not sure who knows this but we did decide I am going to stay home with Jane Bell. I know how personal of a choice this is for everyone, but it's the right choice for us, as a family. I can't *believe* how much she has already changed. I love our "talks" and the beautiful smile I get, just for howling like a wolf. And little girls clothing? Come on. I sort of refuse to buy myself any clothes, until I can lose this weight, but her?? Its near impossible to stop myself!




Some funny and not so funny things she does:

... her face after she's successfully gotten out a good "gooh" - she is so proud of herself
... bath time - we just learned how fun it is to kick the water
... when she tries to sing along in the car
... the head butts to my chin, they're starting to hurt!
... when she is up on Steve's chest and her eyes get super wide at how high up she is
... the first time she really saw Vin (yesterday), she gave him a HUGE smile
... the "twilight" hours (super fussy baby) .. about 8-9:30pm, which has been deemed walk time!
... when she holds my shirt when we're in the Bjorn (soon to be an Ergo, the Bjorn hurts my back!)
... how she sleeps everytime we visit family!

We had a really wonderful visit from my parents, who I am hope can make it up here more often now (and how could anyone resist the Jane?!). My lovely sister Angie came up too to meet her and my best friend Andrea is coming in a few weeks. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Wait. What? said...

I stayed home with my boys until they were 5, Once I had them I could not imagine not taking care of them, or handing them off to anyone to take care of, and all the stuff I would have missed all those first times!

I applaud your effort and your new adventure in life!

Did I mention how wonderful Jane looks?!

MSB said...

She is so cute!
You will never regret staying home. You can always go back to work, but you can never get years back with your kids!