Friday, March 7, 2008

Hello, Lovely

I want to introduce you all to the greatest cookie ever made. Now, for some of you, this might be old hat - say if you're from New York, or frequent regularly. But for little ol' Seattle-Chicago, this is a new experience for me. One I treasure. The day was February 12th. The time was around noon, lunch, as they like to call it. The place - Cafe Bacci. Peggy, the Paralegal was my lunch date and as we were moving through the line - something caught my eye. The cookie basket.


I saw her, peering through the chocolate chip, peanut butter and hideous oatmeal monsters. She was shining in all her black and white wonderfulness and seemed to say - "HONESTLY, how can you resist me?" I took my first bite, of what would be the best moment of the rest of my life. A perfect blend of vanilla, chocolate and cookie. Pure sugar.


And so because it's Friday, and because I happened to be back at Cafe Bacci, for the second time this week, I wanted to take a moment and mention my favorite cookie of all time - the Black and White Cookie.


No comments: