
Slowly becoming one of my favorite shows on TV, You Are What You Eat is partly a guilty pleasure and partly makes me realize if you placed everything I ate for a week on a table, I would probably be pretty horrified as well.
I adore the host, Dr. Gillian McKeith and her blatant disgust at most of the food people have in their pantries. I think I also just love the difference in vocabulary. Fizzy drinks, fry ups, biscuits and cheese on toast. I don't think Dr. Gillian is really a Doctor but she is damn funny.
This also flows nicely into the woman who sat next to me on the el last night and felt that was the exact time she needed to eat an entire meal from McDonald's. Had I not been right in the middle of a very positive time in Eat Pray Love I might actually said something when she dropped her fry on my jacket. Instead, I just breathed in, loudly, and continued reading about true meditation. Of course, when we got above ground she promptly got on her cell phone making it clear and apparent that I hate people, everywhere. And if "you are what you eat" - she is a greasy, limp, fry, with el juice.

3 comments:
Slap them chips outta her hand next time, girl!
LOL! I would be disgusted too with that chick. Just the smell of McDonald's makes me nauseous.
The cost of not being able to enjoy a coffee on the metro is SO worth it, considering that I don't have to deal with people eating in the cars. There is a lot about DC that is pretty messed up and backward, but I think our no food/drink on the metro rule is pure genius.
Post a Comment