Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I love dessert

Last week Steve's Mom made brownies for my birthday which we topped with vanilla icecream. It was - delicious. This got me thinking about what my favorite dessert is. And while I cannot choose a favorite, here is a list. Not in any order. Just what I thought about first.


1. Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. A staple. Creamy, refreshing, with the perfect hint of chocolate. Runner up: Peppermint ice cream.


2. Brownie bites from Whole Foods (no nuts), with mint chocolate chip ice cream, with chocolate sauce.


3. Thumbprint cookies from Hoffman's Bakery in Kirkland, Washington. God's little gift to us all. Hopefully Shannon will get me a box by next weekend. I appreciate the boxes I have gotten over the years (Karrie). Man, I really miss those cookies. It's basically fudge on top of a sugar cookie. This is just a picture I merely found online of thumbprints. It does the actual cookie from Hoffman's no justice.


4. Portillos Chocolate Cake (see earlier post). Runner up: Funfetti cake. Let's also not forget Dairy Queen makes cakes people. Oh, and they melt in fridges.


4a. For the first time this weekend I tried something different. Portillos makes something called the "Chocolate cake ... shake." Too much you say? I was up to the challenge. It's their chocolate cake mixed in vanilla icecream, served as a shake. Brilliant.

5. A double stuffed Oreo dipped heavily in milk. Plus in college, I had a nice little system going that I just thought about. I used to break the cookie in half, and give the piece without the icing to T, because all she liked was the cookie. Then I felt like I was only eating half of a cookie. I miss college.

5a. Bandera (Chicago) - Homemade Oreo Ice Cream sandwich. I even found a picture. Unbelievable. Last time we went they were out, we found out after we ate. It took me days to get over it. I was so mad at the waitress. This kind of information is needed up front lady.

6. A mint M&M blizzard from Dairy Queen. Yes, they make them - all the time. Just sweet talk the 15 year old working.

7. A peanut buster parfait - minus the peanuts - from Dairy Queen. It's a glorified, perfectly done sundae. I like the layers. Steve won't order it for me. He thinks I'm difficult.


8. A black & white cookie (see previous post). S gave me 2 for my birthday. Peggy the Paralegal gave me 1. I ate them all.

9. Carrot cake - MINUS the raisins, which have no place in a cake. And also, looking back at this list, the carrot cake is an odd duck but my love is strong.

10. Junior Mints. "Who's going to turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint - it's delicious." "It's very refreshing."


And all of this wouldn't be possible without milk, actually. So thank you, cows ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to need to revise my previous primitive list of favorite snacks. First - I forgot to include your chocolate chip cookies as well as the thumbprint cookies you mentioned. Those are up there on my list as well.

Well Done.

Gina Grace said...

An impressive list, and one with which I agree wholeheartedly (though I'll keep the nuts in the Peanut Buster Parfait, and the raisins in Carrot cake-just make sure its real cream cheese icing please).

My only addition would be Flips chocolate covered pretzels. And Dryers/Edy's thin mint girl scout cookie ice cream.

Scoops said...

You are too funny. Did you know they have a Portillo's in LA?? Also - just wait for Pinkberry to hit Chicago:)