Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chelsea Lately, Blair & Chuck and more ...


Chelsea Lately is quickly becoming one of the few shows Steve and I can both watch (previously we've only had The Office and 30 Rock). This is my type of show. I love the round table, I rarely watch the interviews, unless it's going to be someone good like Bob Saget or Bow Wow. I am a huge stand-up fan so I love the comedians weighing in on current events. Here it is - the show is funny because when you hear most of these stories, you already know they're ridiculous - but not many of us are quick, or witty enough to really nail down the perfect comment to sum it up. This show does it. Telling Joan Rivers to put Melissa Rivers back in the stable? Funny.


S put it best today - Gossip Girl should really just be 85% Blair and Chuck. That's who we're (well, S & I) interested in. Blair, Chuck and Dan are by far the best actors on the show and last night really highlighted that for me. The moment Chuck and Blair had at the bar, where Blair finally asked Chuck if it was love or a game (IT'S LOVE) we finally got to see a real, passionate, sensitive side of Chuck Bass. So far that is the best scene of the season. He lied to her, said it was a game and she left to go off with Nate (terrible actor, great hair). Wonderful moment, very well done. I know they won't get together until the end, ala Carrie & Big or Rachel & Ross and I suppose that's probably the best thing for the show.


Diane Kruger is slowly becoming my new Gwyneth. I love almost every risk she takes. She was a perfect Helen of Troy. She is a stunning German (so we have that in common) and dating one of the most adorable men on one of my favorite television shows, Fringe. (Which, incidentally, has been signed on for another year) Sure, she's a little out there, but she makes it work and I appreciate the boldness. Diane - you are lovely.


And don't kid yourselves. Pacey was always cute. But my love for Joshua Jackson started way back - in the Mighty Ducks. And while he's always been fabulous to look at, he has now cleaned up quite a bit and is perhaps even *better* looking since Diane. So thank you Diane.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Chelsea rocks! I'm so out of the GG loop and it makes me want to cry. However, I saw a really awful preview for 90210 this morning...that show is seriously still on?!?!?!

Froggy Went A Courtin' said...

Joshua Jackson?! Sigh...

pbb said...

i couldn't agree more! C&B had me crying last night! poor blair.

and i love that dress diane wore the other night. and she got pacy...sigh again!