First off - has anyone looked better than Lea Michele (Glee) for awards show season? I think not.

We all knew this was going to be "ladies night" with Beyonce, Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift nominated for everything under the sun. I thought Lady GaGa's opening was incredibly strong, but when Pink came on I realized we were in for a special night. These ladies went ALL out this year and I loved Pink's entire performance. I was just happy at the end they showed it was her, as I wasn't sure if they switched someone out for the end.
What a great platform to promote the new Broadway show American Idiot. The cast sounded amazing and I really enjoyed this version of 21 Guns.
Why was Jennifer Lopez there? I really can't stand her anymore.Taylor Swift, how I love you. Let me count the ways. You are perfect and wonderful in so many ways, even if you don't stand up straight. And now you get to do a duet with one of my all-time obsessive girl-crushes? I was in awe. They could have done this all night and I would have been happy.
Apparently I've been busy, as I had NO clue they were doing this song on the Grammy's (where was Kayne West though?). I loved that Lil Wayne walked out to "Drop The World" and then they went into "Forever." Such an awesome song. But were their audio glitches?? Or was the FCC just trying to keep up?
I probably should have saved the Grammy's again on the DVR. I was super pumped for the Zac Brown Band to win and I thought Lady Antebellum sounded great, as always.
All for now ..

2 comments:
I still have to finish watching my recording but I have to disagree with you on just one thing: Taylor Swift. I like the girl, a lot but she sounds like CRAP at all the award shows! Not sure if it's the live thing, if she's super nervous or what but she consistently sounds awful to me.... I didn't like the pairing with her and Steve either - it was almost as uncomfortable as her performance at the CMA's (?) with Def Leopard...almost.
I heart Stevie Nicks.
Post a Comment