The effect I do feel? The city's lack of funds. As seen on our streets. Apparently everyone learned how to drive on snow and ice last year so they figured we could all handle the roads just fine by ourselves this year. And I'm talking - everywhere. The city, the neighborhoods, the highways. Nothing is getting plowed. Thank God Steve has this week off.

K asked me to join a book club last month - the first book - Twilight. I had a hard time with it. I have *zero* interest in vampires, but I do enjoy teen drama and I soooooo wanted to join a book club. Mainly to use the verb "book-clubbing." So I borrowed Twilight and it's HUGE. Almost 500 pages. And do you want to know why? Because the font is like 24. There are maybe two paragraphs a page. And I know, I know, this it not written for adults (can teenagers not see as well?) so the writing is just well - a lot like this blog if you know what I mean. But the story - I mean it's One Tree Hill meets a family of vampires.
It's addicting. I couldn't put it down. It's heavy and it was finished in less than a week (and I'm not saying I liked it!). And the brilliant minds behind this obsession put the first chapter of the next book in the back of this one, which is impossible not to read when finished and ends right when something (seemingly) major happens. Smart. So I am going to see the movie tonight with M and starting the next book, probably when I get home tonight. I keep hearing you love or hate the movie but doesn't everyone love or hate anything anymore? Aren't we all stuck on our opinions these days?? So I will write what I think tomorrow but to quote Jim Gaffigan "you know what I liked about the movie? No reading."
Also, somehow we got on the topic of pin-ups today, and what we considered "sexy" and we were trying to find what we thought we could pull off. I decided this is what I could do:
I love you Doris Day.

No comments:
Post a Comment