Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 is .. almost .. over

2008.

The year Steve and I got married. The year I cut off all my hair. The year of the Rat. The year I started enjoying wine. The year I became the annoying animal rescue girl (but I don't care - everyone should feel some responsibility for 4 million animals being killed needlessly every year). The year I began to appreciate good nail polish. The year I realized my skin's health was my own responsibility. The year I started using self tanner. The year the Sonics left Seattle. The year of an historical election. The year of a global financial crisis. The year I started worrying about my own job. A leap year. The year I turned 30. The year Dawson's Creek is technically over - Dawson is 25 and creates the show, The Creek. The year Hudson, Carly, Katie and Molly were born (that's 10 niece and nephews for Steve and I). The year of Gossip Girl. The year the Mariners lost 101 games. The year Tiger Woods defied all. The year of Hurricane Ike. The year Paul Newman died. The year of Michael Phelps. The year we got the Wii.

What do you remember from this year?

Some things I love. These are just so whimsical.

Red Ruby Rose shop on Etsy.

Paulo Coelho just has a way with words doesn't he?



Probably my favorite Christmas present (thank you Steve). Rachel Reinhardt, thank you for being fabulous.


Has anyone rode the el lately? Is there something wrong with the train that it has to screech at levels that make me physically cringe? Maybe this has always happened and I was just listening to my Ipod with my wonderful Bose headphones but since Twilight found me, I have been reading non-stop (onto #4) and it's really painful to listen to.

I'm sure you've all seen the Coors Light commercials - with press conferences of the head NFL coaches after. Jim Mora was fantastic. "Playoffs? Playoffs? You kiddin me?" But they've started to get REAL BAD - REAL QUICK. Obviously they've switched writers but the latest string of commercials has actually made me cringe. Please, please - someone get the first writers back - or think of another idea. They are the *worst* commercials on TV now. My favorite? The High Life guy. "They can't even hear me through this glass .."

Hope everyone has a wonderful night tonight. Be safe.

1 comment:

Froggy Went A Courtin' said...

Yes, the red line was screeching like mad today between Clark/Division and Chicago. Party hearty, 2009!