Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two of us .. two of them

I just found out one of my most favorite people in the world is coming in to surprise *me* for *her* birthday this weekend. Of course everyone knows you can't surprise me so I was told today, thankfully. She turns the big 3-0 next weekend and decided she wanted to take a trip instead of go out in LA with her scarf and flip-flops (hippy). She is my best friend, was my maid of honor and generally one of the funniest person I've ever met.

I'm honestly not sure what I would do without her friendship. She is as close to me as a sister (and technically - we are sisters, in the bond ..). I never am careful with what I say to her - I can always be myself and the same goes for her with me. There are *very* few people I can say that about. She is generous, smart, funny, and an incredibly loyal friend. The plan has always been, and will always be, to live on the same cul-de-sac. I can't imagine my life without her in it and I can't wait to see her and her bodyguard this weekend.

"Weekend with the girls .." (Andrea's bachelorette)

However (there's always a however), Andrea is not to be trusted with a camera. She will take incredibly unflattering pictures of you, and if the camera is focused on her you will generally get one of two pictures the next day.

One - the sneer/annoyed/sorority girl:

Two: the self portrait/wink. I have about 100 of these exact same photographs.

You've all been warned.

1 comment:

TMS said...

LITB....

ha,ha

Have fun! Take and post pics of her birthday trip! Happy Birthday Andrea!