Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Masterpiece Classic to the Haney Project


Masterpiece Classic has done it yet again, with the story of Little Dorrit, written by Charles Dickens. Now, I've always had a hard time with Dickens and his insanely long books. But he loves twisty plots and he adores huge casts. This story is about money, debt and love, definitely something we can all relate too right now. I hope you all get to check it out. One of my favorites, Ruth Jones (from Gavin & Stacey) has a spectacular role and Matthew MacFayden (who was outstanding in Pride and Prejudice and Frost/Nixon) is another main character. You can catch up online and make sure you set your DVR for this Sunday. If you enjoy period pieces, that is. And again, I love anything Laura Linney hosts.


Steve actually forced me to sit down and watch the Haney Project with him this past weekend. Thank God he did. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. The premise? The best golf instructor in the world, Hank Haney (Tiger's coach) tries to help out the worst swing in golf - Charles Barkley. You will not be disappointed.

Something you could have skipped? The entire NCAA tournament. Snooze.


Also, check out The Urban Mutt online to see a great new show about Chicago and rescue dogs. And support some of my friends in the process!

No comments: